WSBK: Jonathan Rea remembers the day Dorna threw him under a bus and hurt him

It’s a revelation we didn’t expect from a Jonathan Rea who is obviously just recovering from an injury. It’s not physical, but an event that took place last season impacted his mind. He only talks about it now when the events took place during the 202 round of Magny Cours. social. and, listening to it, he still has a little resentment …

Jonathan Rea he suffered it, and today we discover it because he only talks about it now. This is his intervention with his staff Kawasaki on the arrival of the SuperPole race at Magny-Cours, with which he had just lost Toprak Razgatlioglu. But the latter, in the final loop, had bitten a green part. The pilot Kawasaki requested that this be verified, a complaint filmed and broadcast on the network by the organizer. The Northern Irishman was successful with the Turkish downgrade, but the price of that satisfaction was a hostile rise against him on social media.

An experience that marked the six-time world champion. At Todocircuito we discover his words and begin by recalling the challenges of his profession: “ I saw that Razgatlioglu was in the green, it was clear, and I fight for every point. There’s a World Cup at stake, I don’t train hard, I sacrifice for my family, I volunteer my time and I risk my life, anything, just to accept that someone is taking advantage of a situation. My team and my factory don’t put millions of euros at stake every year in this paddock for me to accept that “, explained the Northern Irishman in reference to what happened at Magny Cours 2021 with Toprak Razgatlioglu.

Jonathan Rea: there were comments like ‘you’re going to die, we know where you live, you’re this or that’, I felt really bad

Seconds Reathe way that Dorna handling this situation was not the best: ” Dorna threw me a little under the bus putting words in my mouth in a video. If it hadn’t come out, it would have been fine. I was portrayed as a real villainnor did they really apologize “lamented the pilot of Kawasaki, then the victim of a cabal on the net …

Explain your ordeal: I was driving home and took a look at my Instagram account. My friend had posted a post with a generic quote and there were about 500 comments an hour later … one of them was like “you’re going to die, we know where you live, you’re this or that.” I felt really bad », Rea remembers indignantly. “I was engrossed in reading all these terrible comments. I’ve always been very lucky with my fans, usually 95% love me and the other 5% hate me, but this time it was the other way around so I wasn’t in a good position. “.

Jonathan Rea Emphasizes how people go after other people online, whether they are famous or anonymous, with impunity, and insists that much more needs to be done to educate young people: I think this is something that should not be ignored. It should almost be a school subject, is a very powerful tool. I can’t complain about social media because I’ve always used it to my advantage. I have sponsors who are very interested in my social media and there are financial advantages, so there are pros and cons. But when you’re not in a good position, it’s hard. I told people in my communication that I was not the monster that people made of me “, concluded the pilot Kawasaki in its worst episode on social media since joining WorldSBK.

Leave a Comment